Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What Is My Philosophy??

I can't honestly give you my philosophy of teaching. There are so many different aspects and techniques one must learn for the individual to become a great teacher and if I do decide to pursue the career, I want to be nothing less that great. I want to be the teacher who is Caring, Loving and Trustworthy which qualities some teachers do not hold. I also want to get to know each of my students on a personal level. I want to be the one person they can talk to about anything when they have a problem. With all that said, I will not be the teacher they walk all over. I have witnessed some teachers who are "too nice" and don't gain the respect of their students. That won't happen with me. The students will know who the authoritative figure is in the class room, but I at the same time I don't want them to be afraid to come to me. I can remember having a teacher just like the one I described above, Mrs. Tomlin who was my 4th grade teacher and favorite teacher of all.

No comments: