Tuesday, December 9, 2008

An Important Teaching Quality!!


To me, a VERY IMPORTANT teaching quality to have has to be patience, if you cannot display this in your profession it will be tough to maintain in the teaching profession in my opinion. I worked with children of the elementary stage and it can be very frustrating at times if you let it get to you. They have a tendency to know how to get under your skin and I noticed this amongst my peers whom I worked with.

Another time that I had to display patience was just over Thanksgiving Break when my younger brother and I were drawing pictures for the art show. I knew that motivating him would be key so I figured that I would draw alongside him. We were both creating our own accounts of playing basketball but I noticed that he would wait to see what I had drawn before he would draw anything. It was getting to me but I realized that he was just trying to create what seemed to be the perfect picture.

The above picture is a creation of a tower by the stacking or different rocks upon each other. I figured this picture was the best representation of displaying patience by trying to stack them on top of one another.

No comments: