Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Prepare For Takeoff!!



In this activity, the group leaders gave us index cards, scissors, glue, crayons, markers and a toilet paper roll. A strange combination of materials, I know. We were given 5 minutes to create anything that came to our minds. I took the index cards, cut them in half and glued them to the toilet paper roll. With the remaining pieces of the index cards, I cut them into smaller pieces to make the turbine engines on the wings of the plane, used the marker to draw on some doors and windows on each side.

This activity was key in many different aspects, it helped show and explain the creative, emotional, perceptual and emotional development that each child goes through. In this activity we had to interact with each other due to the sharing of materials such as the markers and scissors. The other aspect I mentioned which sticks out to me is the perceptual development. The resources were limited so the items we made we full of imagination, so to speak.

The picture above is the finished product of my airplane. As you can tell, it is preparing for takeoff!!

No comments: